This is the beginning of the research I have done for werewolves. Some of it are ideas I need to do more research on while others are ideas for the next book. I get my information from documentaries on tv, books on the subject, and from reading about real wolves in the wild.
- Werewolves can be killed by complete destruction of the heart or brain
- Black timber wolf -> fastest wolf -> 57mph
- Wolfs bane -> depends on mix and amount as to what it can do -> can cause change or can kill werewolf
- Greece -> origin of werewolf stories -> lycanthropes
- Book -> the book of werewolves by Sabine Baring Gould
- Book -> Metamorphoses by Ovid (penguin addition)
- The Beast of Gevaudan -> look up
- Ralston in his “song of the Russian People” -> gives the form of Incantation still familiar in Russia.
- Seventh Son of the Seventh Son will become a werewolf
- Becoming a werewolf simply by bite is modern fiction but rare in legend
- Question -> why does the moon effect werewolves?
- Answer -> The moonlight causes a change in the amount of positive changed ions available in the air, what may cause a different reaction in different living beings; this can make a normal human sick. Therefore the moon can effect a change in the werewolf.
- When a werewolf is poisoned they change. Changed when poisoned because body is threatened and immune system is stronger as a were than a human.
- Look up -> Ulhefenar –> Norse